CL:ASSOC with :TEST #'EQ versus ZL:ASSQ

    Date: Sun, 5 Jun 88 01:56 EDT
    From: Qobi@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jeffrey Mark Siskind)

    I just noticed that although the Common Lisp form:
    (member x y :test #'eq)
    will compile into the microcoded MEMQ instruction
    which is equivalent to the ZL:MEMQ function,
    the Common Lisp form:
    (assoc x y :test #'eq)
    will *NOT* compile into the microcoded ASSQ instruction
    which is equivalent to the ZL:ASSQ function.
    Are there any differences between CL:ASSOC with :TEST #'EQ
    and ZL:ASSQ that would explain why such an optimization
    is unsound and therefore not performed or is this a bug?
	    Jeff

Works for me.  Perhaps you're using an obsolete version of Genera?