port to Explorer

We are going to attempt a port of MCC's CYC from the Symbolics to an
Explorer.  Can anyone who has done ports of large (common lisp) systems
between these machines give us an idea of how to go about doing this
and/or warnings about what's likely to break?

Things we've identified already:
 . The part of the interface built on dynamic windows definitely won't
   port.
 . Some of the network services and chaos functions don't exist on the
   TI.
 . Error flavors are different.

Thanks.

p.s.  Yeah, it would be nicer to just use Symbolics machines, but
      alas, there aren't very many of them here.  And "no money in the
      capital budget" for more.

p.p.s. Is there an mailing list for Explorer users (to which I could
       send this message)?