si:full-gc & Optimize World

I've just been rewriting our world-building script to do some new things
and noticed that the documentation implies that you can't use
(SI:REORDER-MEMORY) or (SI:ENABLE-WHO-CALLS :ALL-NO-MAKE) without
calling (SI:FULL-GC), but the documentation says:

"It is not useful to perform an Incremental Disk Save after running
si:full-gc. Use a complete disk save."

"You should use si:reorder-memory on IDS worlds only if the parent world
has itself been optimized or if the parent world does not need
optimizing."

Assuming that I want to reorder memory or enable-who-calls for an
incremental world load, how do I loose (or win) by using (GC-IMMEDIATELY)
instead of (SI:FULL-GC)?  I could make an educated guess, but I'd rather
have facts if people have them.

-Jim Aragones