[kopec.pa: running SUN programs from 3600]

One of our users asked me this.  I know it's possible, but does anybody have
some code out there for this already?

     ----- Begin Forwarded Messages -----

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 88 14:44 PDT
From: kopec.pa
Subject: running SUN programs from 3600
To: eweaver.PA
Line-fold: no

How hard is it to invoke programs residing in user directories on
a SUN from a 3600, such that a bi-directional stream is established?
I have imported a large and hairy numerical Fortran program which
I'd like to start up, feed some input data, and collect the output.
Any pointers, examples or suggestions most appreciated.

/gary
-------

     ----- End Forwarded Messages -----