remote processes

An amazing thing happened today--I logged on and found answers, lots
of them, to my remote process problem.  As a result, I think I've
found the kernel of a solution.  I had previously been able to send
chaos packets or simply open a chaos stream, but I didn't know enough
to set up protocols and to modify the namespace.  One worry I had was
that I'd have to tie up the server machine in some infinite chaos:wait
loop.

As a result, I no longer think I need to run the database or each
interface as processes since the client/server model takes care of
everything I wanted out of processes anyway.  Of course, everything's
still in its infancy here-- the system is currently running as a
single user system on one machine, but thanks to everyone's help,
there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  Thanks again.

Barry Smith