How to force the compiler to bind the *readtable* nicely?

    Date: Wed, 21 Sep 88 08:38:17
    From: U502801%BLIULG11.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

    P.S.: I remember seeing code written in Zetalisp for a LMI Lambda
	  in which files has a readtable file attribute.
	  Obviously, this seems to be a solution to my problem!  But
	  this attribute is not supported on the Symbolics implementation.

It is called Syntax.  If you want to have these things in their own
special files (alone) then you could use either syntax or mode.  Syntax
would probably be easier.