Mac MacPaint to Symbolics MacPaint

    Date: Tue, 1 Nov 88 15:29 EST
    From: Qobi@zermatt.lcs.mit.edu (Jeffrey Mark Siskind)

    Is there also a MacDraw-like program? I am familiar with
    Illustrate and don't like it. There are a number of features
    that MacDraw has which Illustrate doesn't which I find both
    usefull and important like stipple filling, and the concept
    of an object being in front of an thus obscuring part of
    another object. The latter is very important for instance
    when drawing lines between circles for it gives a simple
    way for the line to exactly touch the edge of the circle
    (simply have the line go to the center and the circle
    obscures the part onderneath it). This is hard in
    Illustrate and easy in MacDraw.

I agree that filling would be nice, as would arrows.

However, unless I misunderstand you, drawing lines exactly touching the
edge of circles or other objects is usually relatively easy to achieve
just by using the middle mouse button when positioning an endpoint to
"Snap to object".  If you look at the mouse documentation line (a wonder
missing on the Mac) you'll note that when positioning an endpoint it
says something like

  Choose endpoint -- L: Drop endpoint   M: Snap to object  R: Snap to grid

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

CarlManning