Re: Genera Upgrade.

   From: JR@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Johanna Rothman)
   Subject: Genera Upgrade.
   To: johny%TECHSEL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu, slug@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM

     Date: Wed, 09 Nov 88 15:10:29 GMT
     From: johny%TECHSEL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Johny Srouji)

     Hi,

     I have a 3670 Symbolics machine, and two 3640 Symbolics
     Machines (the first one operates as the server, i.e:only
     one disk). I would like to upgrade from Genera 7.1 to 7.2.
     The reason was that prolog running on 7.1 (prolog 3.0) wasn't
     so friendly and have some bugs ... i asked for a new prolog
     version, and was told that in order to work with prolog 4.0,
     i'll need to have Genera 7.2 instead.
     I was also told that pascal, fortran and tcp/ip should
     upgrade too (the old ones wouldn't work with genera 7.2!!).
     My question is:
   	 Are the above things true? any suggestions?
     Do i have to buy three copies? (legally and practically)
     I also need to know whether MACSIMA and KEE3.0 would
     run on 7.2, or i'll need to upgrade them too?

     Thanks in advance for your help,
     Any suggestions would be appreciated.

   				    Johny.

   I don't know about KEE.

KEE3.0 is obsolete.  KEE3.1 is available, but only under Genera 7.1.
KEE3.1 for 7.2 is in beta-test now, and will supposedly be available in
December.

dan haug