DNA

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 88 08:44 EST
From: Len Moskowitz <Len@HEART-OF-GOLD>
Subject: DNA
To: "3077::IN%\" Slug @ Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM\""@TSD1

We use DNA between our VAXen and Symbolics.  I could be mistaken (we don't use
it this way), but you can have your system documentation residing on the VAX
side, accessed automatically via DNA.  All file access is essentially
transparent

What exactly do you mean when you say "We would like to use the VAX as a file
server that is capable of handling the Load/Compile system feature of
Symbolics?"  We are currently able to load and compile files residing on our
VAXen with the Lispm compiler and loader.  To test this, I just transfered my
init file over to my VAX account, loaded it successfully with the Load File
command, and compiled it successfully into a .bin file with the Compile File
command.  If what you mean is that you want to compile complete systems
residing on the VAX, then I'd expect as long as your translations were correct,
the Lispm wouldn't have any trouble finding and loading your files.  Am I
mistaken?

Len Moskowitz
                                                   Allied-Signal Aerospace
moskowitz@bendix.com (CSnet)                       Test Systems Division
moskowitz%bendix.com@relay.cs.net (ARPAnet)        Mail code 4/8
arpa!relay.cs.net!bendix.com!moskowitz (uucp)      Teterboro, NJ 07608