Re: ILA-NFS

    Date: Fri, 20 Jan 89 12:21:53 CST
    From: aihaug@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Daniel A Haug)

				:
    > Is it possible to store the entire (or
    > a single partition) of the LMFS on the Sun disk?

    We have not tried to back up a specific partition onto the Sun.  I doubt
    this would work as I think partitions use physical block mappings,
    and you would have no way to pull partitions back from the sun and
    return them to the same identical blocks.
This isn't true; LMFS uses relative block addressing to the start of the
LMFS partition, so moving a partition to a different physical starting
address (and different extents on disk) works perfectly.
					       Of course, the idea of
    lmfs partitions does not exist once to translate onto unix file servers.

				:
				: