routing

    Date: Fri, 27 Jan 89 15:59:40+0900
    From: wgcho%csd.kaist.ac.kr@relay.cs.net (WonGyu Cho)

	    I have two questions::
    1) We have put our Symbolics to the Ethernet, and are able to reach some
    of the
    machines which are physically near to our machine. But some of them are
    too far to reach from here. Those Unix machines could be reached by other
    Unix machines by modifying the routing tables.

	    For example, A is a Unix host which is unreachable from another Unix
	    host B. But another Unix host C is reachable to both A and B.
	    Then we simply modify the routing tables of A and B to route through C,
	    and it works.

    Does anybody know how to change the routing table of our Symbolics?

If C is running IP gateway software, you should put the following
Service in its namespace entry:

	GATEWAY IP INTERNET-GATEWAY

The Lispms will then try to use it as a gateway when trying to reach
non-local hosts.

                                                barmar