Namespace Caching

    Date: Thu, 2 Feb 89 14:15:01 PST
    From: saus@venera.isi.edu (Mark Sausville)

    Greetings,

    How many times has it happened?  You need a host in your namespace.
    The guy with the nameserver puts it in the namespace.  Your machine,
    since it already asked the nameserver without success, decides that it
    need never ask again.  "Foo is not a known host".  Anybody know what
    to do to insist that your machine ask the nameserver once more? (yes,
    I know that cold-booting will do it: I was hoping for something a bit
    less violent.)

com-reset-network might work.