Carry tape

    Date: Mon, 13 Feb 89 11:02 EST
    From: Stephen Robbins <Stever@yukon.scrc.symbolics.com>

    So at Read Carry Tape time, you have:
	    specific filename as text string
	    dump group, which was the wildcard pathname used to generate the
			specific file
	    dump group output wildcard spec

    That's enough to use (FLAVOR:METHOD :TRANSLATE-WILD-PATHNAME PATHNAME) to
    generate a meaningful output file name.

    If you actually do something like this, I'd love to have a copy.

    Read Carry Tape

	 1Dump Groups0		1Restore Into
0      IVORY:>Stever>**>*.*.*      2Query0  1Y:>Stever>Old-Stuff>0old-1*.*.*

0    Restoring IVORY:>Stever>Frobbozz>Mumble.frotz into
	      Y:>Stever>Old-Stuff>Frobbozz>Old-Mumble.frotz

    -- Stephen

Unfortunately, translating :WILD-INFERIORS pathnames in this way doesn't
work if the target file system is Unix, which is a possibility I'd like
to allow for (yes, I know ILA-NFS includes this, but this hack is
intended to be used at our customer sites, which may not have NFS).

                                                barmar