From: pc@ctt.bellcore.com (Peter Clitherow)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.wizards, comp.sys.sun
Subject: yppasswd on SUNs.
Sender: pc@ctt.bellcore.com (Peter Clitherow)

I have a need to develop a yppasswd interface for a non-SUN machine
(specifically, a LISP Machine), and not being a Unix or SUN wizard,
cannot find where the details of the yppasswd protocol is documented.
Can some kind soul enlighten me?  I believe, that if i ask on TCP/UDP
socket 111 (port mapper) for the socket that yppasswd uses, then i can
use this to authenticate a login from a yp server of some kind.

Or is there an easier way to do all this?

Peter Clitherow, Bellcore,
  444 Hoes Lane, Room 1H-213,
  Piscataway, NJ 08854