are dynamic windows really 60X slower than old windows?!

smk> If you're not interested in any sort of output recording or
smk> mouse-sensitivity, then you shouldn't be using a dynamic window.
smk> All the time is being spent doing those two things, as you can see from
smk> the amount of consing the two things do.

I guess I don't really want a dynamic window. The old bit-save array is
sufficent.

bm> If you use the GRAPHICS:DRAW-xxx functions instead of the obsolete :DRAW-xxx
bm> messages...

Are the :DRAW-xxx messages really obsolete? Aren't they still faster than the
GRAPHICS:DRAW-xxx functions?