anyone implemented UDP broadcasts?

Has anyone modified the Genera 7.2 IP-TCP to support UDP broadcasts?
Our Unix machines are currently using the 4.3bsd Time Synchronization
Protocol to keep their clocks in synch, and I'd like to make our Lispms
participate.  However, the protocol makes use of broadcast UDP packets,
which the Lispms don't currently implement.  If someone else has made
the necessary patches, I would be grateful if I could get them.  In
return, I can send you my patches that implement selection of a
low-numbered local port for outgoing TCP connections (useful for
connecting to some Unix servers, which only allow connections from ports
between 512 and 1023, because Unix only allows privileged programs, e.g.
rsh, to use those ports).

                                                barmar