I want both keyboard-accelerated and conventional commands in program framework

    Date: Thu, 9 Mar 89 15:22:36 EDT
    From: cogen@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (David Cogen)

    The documentation for DEFINE-PROGRAM-FRAMEWORK states (volume 7-A revised, page
    97) that if :KBD-ACCELERATOR-P is T, to enter an unaccelerated command the user
    must first type colon or m-X. I don't get this behavior. Consider the following
    example program:

    (dw:define-program-framework test-frame
      :command-definer t
      :command-table (:inherit-from '("user") :kbd-accelerator-p t)
      :panes ((menu-window :command-menu)
	      (interactor-window :interactor))
      :terminal-io-pane interactor-window
      :configurations
	'((main
	    (:layout
	      (main :column menu-window interactor-window))
	    (:sizes
	      (main (menu-window :ask-window self :size-for-pane menu-window)
		    :then
		    (interactor-window :even)))))
	:select-key #\a)

Include "Colon Full Command" in the :INHERIT-FROM list.  This command
table provides colon, m-X, and c-m-Y.  You may also want to include
"Input Editor Compatibility", too; it provides a bunch of no-op commands
(Space, Return, etc.) that can be used to cause redisplay.

                                                barmar