Informal Survey about Symbolics Software Services

Colleagues: For those of you who have had recent (i.e., since January
89) contact with Symbolics Software Services, specifically by phoning
the 800 number or sending mail to customer-reports, could you please
answer the following questions. We want to get a sense of the perceived
quality of these services, and even brief answers will help us (SLUG)
insure that Symbolics is giving users the services we want and need. We
are especially interested in the opinions of international users. Unless
you think your replies are of interest to the whole list, please reply
to me directly. And unless you prefer otherwise, your text (though not
your name) may be quoted to Symbolics in order to support our requests.
I will provide a synopsis to everyone shortly. Thanks.

- How often do you use the 800 number for software support?

- When did you last do so?

- Any comments/criticisms/praise for the quality, speed, value of the aid
you get?

- Do you notice any change since 1988 in the quality, speed and/or
value of the 800 number?

- How often do you use customer-support e-mail for software support?

- When did you last do so?

- Any comments/criticisms/praise for the quality, speed, value of the
aid you get?

- Do you notice any change since 1988 in the quality, speed and/or
value of the e-mail responses?

- Do you feel you are at any disadvantage because of the rapidity with
which you get system patches?

- Would you really utilize patches that were distributed on e-mail?

- Would you pay more for software support if you could get bug reports,
patches, ECOs and workarounds on a daily or weekly basis by e-mail?

Other comments and questions always welcome. Thanks again.

Paul Pangaro, President
National Symbolics LISP Users' Group
c/o PANGARO Incorporated
800 3rd Street  NE