Re: transfer from Explorer to Symbolics

;;Date: Thu Mar 23 12:32:34 PST 1989
;;>From: DE@PHOENIX.SCH.Symbolics.COM (Doug Evans)
;;Subject: transfer from explorer to Symbolics

;;6250 didn't work as density can only be specified for reel-to-reel
;;tapes.  Density for cart tapes on all Lisp Machines is fixed (by the
;;type of tape drive) at 8000 ftpi.

Is this true?  I have successfully restored files put on tape by an
Explorer using the Carry Tape mode (6250 density) from a 3670.  I used
the READ CARRY TAPE command.  It prompted me for :DENSITY and :DEVICE
(among other things).  I gave it 6250 and CART respectively, and it
merrily restored the files from the tape.

I certainly didn't have to put jumpers across any pins.

Steve Nicoud	ARPA: <snicoud@atc.boeing.com>