Multiple color screens

    Date: Tue, 28 Mar 89 16:11 EST
    From: Reti@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM

	Date: Fri, 10 Mar 89 00:36 PST
	From: Gumby@MCC.COM (David Vinayak Wallace)

	Has anyone tried having multiple color screens on one machine (i.e. more
	than one color board; I don't mean making more than one screen on the
	same piece of hardware).
    [Sorry for the late answer, I was in Japan when this appeared.]

    Yes.  The standard color controller comes in two versions (that take up different
    parts of the LBUS address space) to allow up to two to coexist in one machine.
    Also, you can mix different types of color boards (standard color + Cadbuffer)
    and have at least two Cadbuffers.  I don't know if you can have more than two
    Cadbuffers or if the different types (Cadbuffer I and II) can coexist.
    TLM or DDyer?

You can have one standard, one second standard, and any number of cadbuffer
controllers.

In other words, the only restriction is that you can't have two
standard color controllers, unless one of them has the "second"
proms.