Re: Mail addressing...

    Date: Sun, 9 Apr 89 20:44 EDT
    From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)
    Subject: Mail addressing...

	Date: Fri, 7 Apr 89 16:44 EDT
	From: mkr@philabs.philips.com

	What do all the prefixes mean for x-Machine. (Such as I-Machine,
	G-Machine, etc..)??

    I = Ivory
    G = Gate-array
    L = LSI ?
    A = ? (LM-2 was the A-Machine)

						    barmar

well, i won't presume to say what they mean nowadays, but back in '85, my
salesman told me that they had a four-generation sequence planned out, where
the then-current generation was called the l-machine, the next generation
would be called the i-machine, and "it didn't take a lot of cleverness to
figure out what the next two generations would be called"...

apropos calling the lm-2 the a-machine, maybe some one can get somewhere with
the fact that the lm-2 was a reimplementation of the cadr's design, i don't
know...

cheers -- mike
-------