Porting LISP code from SYMBOLICS

    Date: 20 Apr 89 10:54:00 EDT
    From: setd@paxrv-nes.arpa (DICK DUNN)

    We have two symbolics, a 3675 and a 3620, on a network with several
    other machines, Including a VAX 750 and A SGI Personal Iris.  I would
    like to port code from the SYMBOLICS environment to the other machines.
    Does anyone have advice for me?  Two approaches spring to mind: either
    get LISP compilers for the other machines or get a translator to convert
    the LISP code I write into another language like C or FORTRAN.  I can
    see lots of problems with either approach.  Surely this issue has already
    been dealt with.  Thanks for the help.

    Pat Gatewood

    SETD@PAXRV-NES.ARPA

Longer term, you might want to attend the Symbolics International Users' Group
Conference, June 12 - 16 at MIT.

The topic you are asking about is a major theme of the conference and
many of its technical sessions.

Regards,

Reza Seddigh