Problems with SYS.TRANSLATIONS

    Date: Tue, 25 Apr 89 12:57 EDT
    From: Ragosa <ragosa@PLUTO>

    We're having two problems with the above file:

    - We'd like to have each site load this file at boot time from the site
    directory, which is established in the namespace. I always assumed that
    was the way things were supposed to work. Is this true? If so, is there
    something I must do first before this can happen?

This does not happen automatically.  You can make it happen by making a patch
to your machines that does this:

(add-initialization
  "Load any changed translations files."
  '(load-system "LOGICAL-PATHNAMES-TRANSLATION-FILES"
		:no-reload-system-declaration t
		:silent t
		:no-warn t
		:version :newest
		:dont-set-version t))

    - We recently moved our documentation files from the VAXen file server
    to the (new) 3670 for speed reasons (we also freed up 51K blocks,
    which made the VAX people REALLY happy). We rerouted SYS:DOC; to point
    to the new place, and everything works fine, almost. When the Document
    Examiner tries to look in the SYS:DOC;PATCH; directory, it goes to the
    VAX instead of the Symbolics (and dies, because we took the files off
    the VAX). This path is defined; you can do a Show Directory on it and
    see the files you expect to see. You can even enter this logical pathname
    after selecting the "Retry using a different pathname" option in the
    debugger. The DEX continues on its merry way if you do this. Any ideas
    what might be happening here?

What does your sys.translations look like specifically?

    I haven't been receiving responses to my questions from you people
    lately. I assume that's because of the weird address you get from my
    mailer. So, please send anything to:

			  RAGOSA%PSYCHE@ATC.BOEING.COM

    Thanks in advance.