Printing Via Ethernet

   We have several Symbolics machines, along with several other computers and
   a laser printer (LaserWriter II NX), connected via Ethernet. This is also
   linked with an Appletalk network of Mac IIs.

   My problem is that I want to have print capability from the Symbolics
   computers directly to the printer, like I have with the Mac IIs. I am
   using barmar's suggested hack to capture screen dumps in a post-script
   file, by setting the *default-bitmap-printer* variable. Can I simply
   enter the laserwriter in my namespace and send files to it via COPY
   FILE, specifying that the destination is a printer ?

   Feedback an past experience would be appreciated.

           Thanks,

              Jeff Rosenking