[grant@master.symcan.dialnet.symbolics.com: Music on the Symbolics Machines]

    Date: Fri, 21 Apr 89 16:33 EDT
    From: grant <grant@master.symcan.dialnet.symbolics.com>
    Subject: Music on the Symbolics Machines
    To: slug%warbucks.ai.sri.com@VERMITHRAX.SCH.SYMBOLICS.COM

    We would like to find out if anyone out there has had any experience
    with the Symbolics system entering, displaying and playing musical
    scores.  The prospect would like to enter the musical notes via
    some sort of "standard" interface (perhaps a MIDI file, if one
    could be created, assumin there is such a thing as a file form of MIDI),
    have the Symbolics display the full SCORE (as it might originally appear
    on sheet music), and play the tune back, but highlighting the notes as
    they are played, on the color screen, in order to later lay the frames
    out on to video.

    If anyone has any suggestions, please forward information to

    Grant Chenier
    Eclin System corp.