SLUG Conference vs USENIX

    Date: Mon, 15 May 89 12:21:09 ADT
    From: mckee@corwin.ccs.northeastern.edu (George McKee)

    I just recieved the pre-registration forms for the 5th International
    SLUG Conference that runs from June 12 through June 16.

    Unfortunately I've already made hotel reservations in Baltimore
    for the USENIX conference on exactly the same dates.

    Any suggestions on how I should go about being in both places simultaneously?
    Will there be a SLUG proceedings?

	    - George McKee
	      NU Computer Science

Unfortunately, there are no published proceedings for SLUG; a major
importance of the meeting is the kind of interaction that 1requires
0interaction of attendess, and this cannot be captured anyway.

The date conflict is unfortunate, but we had considerable difficulty in
getting dates that did not confict with USENIX, DONT-USENIX and
CONVERT-FROM-UNIX conferences on the same dates. If you could be at
SLUG-89, there would be opportunities to learn why.

Best,
PANgaro