Ivory Partition Icon on the Desktop

   Date: Sat, 10 Jun 89 15:00 EDT
   From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

       Date: Fri, 9 Jun 89 15:16:48 PDT
       From: Francois Felix INGRAND <felix@ai.sri.com>

       But in the formatting/partitioning utility from Jasmine, I did not find
       any way to make a partition invisible (except by not mounting it of
       course).

   In the 7.3 version, the FEP file system was in an ordinary Macintosh
   file, not a partition.  This is analogous to the relationship between
   LMFS and FEPFS -- a LMFS partition is a FEPFS file.

						   barmar

I think it is still more or less true, as you can create more than one FEP
file in one Macintosh partition. The only difference is that they now put
these FEP files in a special partition.

But what I wanted to do was to hide the partition itself... I tried with
ResEdit, but there is no way to hide the partition icon and I do not see
any easy way to do it.

Felix