Lisp Talk: June 20, 7:30 PM, Cupertino CA.

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 89 17:12 PDT
From: Eric Buckman <BUCKMAN@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Lisp Talk: June 20, 7:30 PM, Cupertino CA.
To: "EAGLE::SLUG%Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM"@KAHUNA.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM
Supersedes: Your message,
            <19890613173024.3.BUCKMAN@JOHN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Comments: Retransmission of failed mail.
          Retransmission of failed mail.

SVNet Meeting Tuesday, June 20th at Apple Computer Auditorium, Cupertino

               ||                                        ||
               ||            ***  LISP  ***              ||
               ||                                        ||
               || when your code needs to speak clearly  ||
               ||                                        ||
               ||________________________________________||

Topic:    LISP, past, PRESENT, and Future

          Since its creation in 1957 by John McCarthy, the Lisp programming
          language has gone through many changes. While most people associ-
          ate Lisp with Artificial Intelligence applications, Lisp provides
          a  variety of other programming features useful in other environ-
          ments, as well.

          Our speaker this evening will provide some valuable background on
          the language, as well as:

                  - Lisp as a prototyping language

                  - Applications development with Lisp,

                  - and what the future holds for Lisp.

Who:      Dr. James G. Veitch, Franz Lisp, Inc.

          Dr. Veitch graduated with honors from Flinders University in Aus-
          tralia,  receiving his BS in mathematics.  He has been with Franz
          Lisp since 1986, and is a Senior Software  Engineer,  working  on
          program  development  environments.  Prior to joining Franz Lisp,
          Dr. Veitch was a member of the Technical Staff at Bell Labs, lec-
          tured at Princeton University, and taught at UC Berkeley.

When:     June 20, 1989  -   7:30pm

Place:    Apple Computer's Auditorium
          10500 North De Anza Blvd
          Cupertino, CA
  ("Southeast" corner of De Anza and Mariani Avenue, just South of Highway 280)
          ->  Please use South entrance to building  <-

Upcoming:
          July 18 - Intel's I860 - blazing silicon (tentative)

                   FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:

Ralph Barker (408) 248-8649,  Jim Joyce (415) 626-7581,  or, Paul Fronberg (408) 737-5643

                  UNIX is a registered trademark of AT&T
        SVNet is supported by annual membership fees and donations
               Our programs are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC