backing up large filesystems

    Date: Tue, 20 Jun 89 15:03 PDT
    From: shirley.pa@Xerox.COM

    Are there better solutions to backing up a large filesystem than 40 megabyte
    cart tapes?  We now have ~20 tape full dumps and expect to double that soon.

    One possibility I'm looking into is using RTAPE and a Sun to back up to a 2
    gigabyte video cartridge.  Does anyone have experience with this?

     - Mark Shirley
    -------

Are you aware we sell an Exabyte tape drive now?  It's supported in 7.4
ECO#1 (which means only the Ivory-based machines).  The tapes come in
various sizes.  I believe the largest tape is 2300 MB.  Please see your
salesperson for details.