Parallel universe (really ease of use)

    Date: Sat, 24 Jun 89 01:47 CDT
    From: Paul@GUINEVERE.tamu.edu (Paul Collier)

    Seems to me that one of the real issues here is not the complexity of the interface;
    rather, it is the learning curve that is required to master the interface.

I don't think so.  Symbolics' environment was much quicker and easier
for me to get started with than (for example) UNIX.  This is largely
because of the degree of integration of the pieces that make up the
whole - the things you learn often carry over to other areas.

Perhaps I'm just a perverse sort of computer user, but I also find that
applying my intuition is much more likely to be effective and helpful in
Genera than with other systems I've used.