Re: Symbolics Service Issues

    Date: Wed, 12 Jul 89 17:40:07 CDT
    From: "BUCKMAN%ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM"%ALAN.KAHUNA.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM
	  (BUCKMAN@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM)

    We have a lot of Symbolics here, and found that service performance
    depends a great deal on the competence of the person doing it....

    So, I think the main thing for Symbolics to do, is to start using more high
    quality people, and do a better job of training the tech's. Also, they need to
    better hook the tech's into Symbolics "experts", so they are well informed about
    the quirks of the system.  Also, in general, Symbolics needs to do a better job
    of training the tech's in understanding what's going on with the software,
    because sometimes this knowledge is needed for good hardware debug.

Well put.  I agree.