FORMAT-GRAPH-FROM-ROOT in a REDIPLAYER...

I have an application were I want to display a graph which is
constantly changing.  The content of the nodes is also changing...

I tried to make a format-graph-from-root in a redisplayer and did not
have that much success... The screen get messy with garbages coming
from the different redisplay passes.

Is it suppose to work? or is it hopeless?  I thought I saw an example
like that in the Documentation, but I cannot find it anymore.

I would appreciate any hints or code example dealing with such
problem.

Felix