Re: AN IMPORTANT MESSEGE FROM SYMBOLICS SOFTWARE SUPPORT SERVICES

        [...]
>  Second, why should software be any different from hardware?  If I don't
>  pay for a service plan, and a board fails, I'd have to pay Symbolics to
>  send someone to replace the board.  By the same token, if you don't pay
>  for SW Support, and you discover a failing function, you pay for
>  Symbolics to send you a fixed version.

The key word is "fixed".   Often what you get instead is "This is a known
problem that will be fixed in the next release."   What did you get for the
extra money?  People on software subscription will get it as soon as you do.

>  Software support is a service, not a right.

Its a service only if you get faults corrected promptly.