Re: AN IMPORTANT MESSEGE FROM SYMBOLICS SOFTWARE SUPPORT

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 89 11:30 PDT
From: Eric Buckman <BUCKMAN@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Re: AN IMPORTANT MESSEGE FROM SYMBOLICS SOFTWARE SUPPORT
To: "pigpen::SLUG%Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM"@KAHUNA.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM

    Date: Mon, 21-Aug-89 10:41:46-PDT

    I respectfully ask that all those interested in software bugs and
    fixes read the following and respond. Your opinions are important
    [....]

    (3) If you are a user who desires the above discussed facility,
    tell this e-mail list [....]
    Best,
    PANgaro

So, I couldn't agree more, I sent out an E-Mail message on the same subject
about 6 months ago.  Specifically, it would be nice if Symbolics did the
sort of stuff they do in their ECO documentation in a more timely fashion
(probably over E-mail).  That is, they need to collect up known bug information,
and then disseminate that to users ASAP.  This would save all of us the time
we spend tripping over bugs that are already known.  Also, at the time they
report the bugs, it would be helpful if they also predicted when the bug
would be fixed for the user, then we can intelligently decide if we should
work around the bug, use another approach, or just wait for the fix.

Thanks.
Eric Buckman (buckman@alan.kahauna.decnet.lockheed.com)