Re: lispm programming questions

    Date: Wed, 30 Aug 89 23:29 EDT
    From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

	Date: Wed, 30 AUG 89 18:13:09 PDT
	From: KARNICKY@CRVAX.SRI.COM (Karnicky)

	...stuff deleted...

	I want to be able to access any EXISTING window objects.
	(for example, so I can send it various messages etc.)  The question is, how
	can I get the window object?
	If I'm making a NEW window I can use (setq x (tv:make-window .... etc.
	and then refer to the value of x.

    There is no data structure that contains a list of ALL existing windows.
    You can get pretty close by recursing through the :INFERIORS of
    TV:MAIN-SCREEN, e.g.:

actually, you can get slightly better by recursively looking at the :INFERIORS
of all screens on the list TV:ALL-THE-SCREENS...on the one hand, that will get
all your color screens and whatever other funny stuff you have going on, but on
the other hand, that will also get the who line screen and all its sheets...
cheers -- mike
-------