Re: Send datagrams with no response expected [Important]

    Date: Fri, 1 Sep 89 13:44 EDT
    From: Brad Miller <miller@cs.rochester.edu>

    Gee, if you find out, tell me or post it here; I've been trying to do the
    same thing (have symbolics machines send UDP RWHO packets via broadcast)
    since, oh, 1986; went through a YEAR's conversation with hoss convicing them
    that UDP really should work that way, and only got told it would be fixed in
    an unspecified future release. Obviously enough, it has yet to be.

Well, as you saw, I figured out who to fill in the packet before sending
it.  However, I've still never figured out how to send UDP broadcasts.

                                                barmar