dw:menu-choose [2]

    Date: Fri, 1 Sep 89 19:03 EDT
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>

	Date: Fri, 1 Sep 89 15:14 EDT
	From: tmitchel@vax.bbn.com (Tom Mitchell)

	Can someone try this on their machine?

	(dw:menu-choose '(apple pear orange)
			:prompt `(:string "Choose a Type of Fruit"
				  :character-style (:dutch :bold :large)))

	I get "Choose a Type of Fru" as the title on the menu when I do it
	on my machine.  Is it me or something I've done, or is it a BUG?
	If it's a bug, can it be fixed real soon?  My users won't understand
	menus with partial titles.

	(I know I can use a smaller font, but the users have complained
	 that things are hard to read, so we're going big and bold.)

    I noticed (and reported) this problem a long time ago.  The problem is
    that it is computing the size of the window based on the width of the
    characters in the default font rather than in the font you specify.

    A simple workaround for you to use until it's fixed is to add some
    spaces to the end of the prompt string.

						    barmar

It also works to change the string constant itself to the desired character
style.  If done in the source file, I imagine this would be a problem for
those using non-Lispm file servers.

You can also modify the character style of the string with:

 (SI:CHANGE-STRING-CHARACTER-STYLE <string> <style-spec>)

:bold :large).

For what it's worth, your example works correctly in 7.4 ECO #2; I would
assume it is fixed in the development system as well.

 -- Chuck Fry
    Symbolics Software Support