Need help on Hacking ZMAIL

Date: Sun, 10 Sep 89 16:31 PDT
From: Eric Buckman <BUCKMAN@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Need help on Hacking ZMAIL
To: symbolics@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM, slug@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM

Hi, I am sending this out to both slug, and Symbolics customer support, any
    words from people that know about this stuff would be greatly appreciated.

I have just started a major new communication project here a Lockheed.

My first approach is to base it on ZMAIL.  We have all the sources, and I have
started working with them.

It looks like I want to do some stuff with  (DEFTEMPLATE ......

I could use information on creating new Deftemplate's,  right now, I'm just
working blindly by using: template-library.lisp  as an example.

Also, any information on zwei, or zmail would be most appreciated.  The code
is not that well documented, and I was hoping there might be some Symbolics
internal documentation somewhere.  Also, words on any planned update of those
products to the new Genera facilites (like the presentation system) might
help me in planning this endeavour.

We have a suite of Symbolics stations that will be available as the
communication servers.  I was wondering what to expect in the future concerning
running multiple independant ZMAIL processes at once.  I would like to look at
running x-windows as a way of accesssing the ZMAIL functionality from any
X-window capable machine on our net.

Thanks for the info.

eric buckman   buckman@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com
805-295-4792