7.4 Zmacs Query

Two questions about Zmacs in 7.4:

1] There seems to be a new command (well, new to me anyway) with the
interesting name COM-RELEASE-LOCKS.  Documentation says only:

  "Release all of the node locks in the current buffer.
   With a numeric argument, releases all of the node locks in all of
   the buffers."

Doesn't seem to be a corrsponding COM-LOCK-LOCKS.

Any idea what this does?  What is a node lock?  (I notice that the code
follows COM-SET-READ-ONLY; are they related?  Is this a generalization of
Read-Only Buffers?  Am I warm?

2] I notice in 7.4 when the Mode-Lock key is down (which is a *lot* easier
to do on the NewAge keyboards) that my Zmacs acts differently sometimes
(e.g. it sometimes seems to drop modifier keys).

Any ideas.

3] (So I can't count) Is this key actually supposed to be used for something?

Thanks
NICHAEL

|       Nichael Lynn Cramer    |           UNIX??!?           |
|        --  Nichael@BBN.Com   | Wow!! And they say I'M stuck |
|        --  NCramer@BBN.Com   |in the sixties!  -- Wavy Gravy|