Sprites

    Date: Wed, 20 Sep 89 20:26:49+0900
    From: kddlab!atr-la.atr.co.jp!myers@uunet.uu.net (John K. Myers)

    ...On page 7B-274, the macros "dw:with-output-recording-disabled" and
    "dw:with-output-recording-enabled" are mentioned, and could be promising.
    However, I was unable to find them in the documentation.  This appears to
    be a bug.

They are documented (very briefly) on page 7A-90.  However, remember
that output produced while in WITH-OUTPUT-RECORDING-DISABLED can't be
clicked on, so there's not much point to making it be a presentation.
The output recording disable facility is often used when you don't have
as much control over whether the output is done using presentations; for
instance, if you use FORMAT to display some non-recorded output.
Another use is when a presentation wants to be temporarily non-recorded;
for instance, if you drag a presentation with the mouse, you only want
the final location to be recorded, so you would disable recording while
dragging it, but re-enable when it is placed in its final position.  If
your sprite is continuously moving (that's my understanding of what
sprites do), then this might not be right for you.

                                                barmar