3675 Memory

    Date: Fri, 13 Oct 89 12:30 EST
    From: Len%AIP1%TSD%atc.bendix.com@RELAY.CS.NET

    Date: Fri, 13 Oct 89 12:02 EDT
    From: Len Moskowitz <Len@HEART-OF-GOLD>
    Subject: 3675 Memory
    To: "3077::IN%\"slug@warbucks.ai.sri.com\""@TSD1
    Character-Type-Mappings: (1 0 (NIL 0) (NIL :ITALIC NIL) "CPTFONTI")
    Fonts: CPTFONT, CPTFONTI

    How much memory can a 3675 have?  I tried using 1-2 MW (in physical slot
    0) and 4-1 MW boards (in physical slots 1, 2, 3, and 4).  The 1cards0 (3
    per board) were assigned to slots 15 down to slot 4) and the last 4
    1cards0 (1 and 1/3 boards) were assigned to slot 29 with the notation "no
    room in memory space."  As it stands now the herald shows 4864K words of
    physical memory.

    Is this the best I can do with this hardware?

Yes, unfortunately.  1MW boards get assigned four LBus slots even though
only two actually have memory in them (one LBus slot = 512KW and there
are only 16 available on the 3675).  If you really want to fill the
machine with memory, you need to use 512KW or 2MW boards.