FLAVORS -> CLOS

    Date: Mon, 16 Oct 89 17:46 PDT
    From: Stephen Nicoud <snicoud@atc.boeing.com>

    Now that most Lisp vendors will soon be releasing their own versions of
    CLOS, we will be faced with the task of converting our current systems
    (using Flavors) to CLOS.  We've identified several items which will need
    attention, but we're looking for any additional issues which we have not
    addressed.

    My question is, what advice can you give us about moving code from
    FLAVORS (on Symbolics, Explorer, and Sun/Lucid) to CLOS?  What are the
    "gotchas" we need to look out for?  What are the neat tricks to
    converting?  What's the appropriate implemenation "style" to maintain?

The document "Getting Ready for CLOS" is a good place to start.  Copies
are available through your local Symbolics sales office.

    Thanks for your ideas,

    Steve Nicoud	<snicoud@atc.boeing.com>