Re: AN IMPORTANT MESSEGE FROM SYMBOLICS SOFTWARE SUPPORT

BTW, aside from providing feedback to the originator of the bug
report, can we consider mechanisms to provide information to
other members of the Symbolics community?  Here is a strawman
proposal for such a mechanism.

I assume that customer-reports@symbolics.com is the correct
destination for customer submitted bug reports.

Item 1: Provide a way for bug reports that are submitted to
        customer-reports to be forwarded to the SLUG mailing
        list.  This can be done automatically via hacking
        mail aliases.  Alternatively, Symbolics may wish to
        exercise some control by forwarding bug reports only
        when they have been acknowledged as being "real" bugs.

Item 2: Status reports on bug resolution should be cc'ed to
        the SLUG mailing list.  In keeping with the spirit
        of my previous posting, bug fixes need not be made
        available to the SLUG mailing list but the availability
        of the fix should be made known.  It is then up to
        interested parties to negotiate with Symbolics for
        the fix.  At the very least, interested parties will
        know how long they can expect to wait for a fix.

Rich

(responsible-p ADS message)
NIL
(si:halt)