PCs to Symbolics for distributed computing

Help.

OK, so imagine we have a simulation running on a PC, connected to the
Symbolics via net cable. We need to have the Symbolics provide inputs to
the simulation, and to get parameters back from the PC (probably on an
as-needed, request basis).

The PC is your favorite -286 or -386 machine running DOS (with apologies
for the faint hearted).

- Anybody doing anything like this?

- Can you get a DOS BIOS that usually reads keyboard interrupts to read
the Symbolics from the net without to much trouble?

I have a few other questions that I would be grateful to ask if anyone
can help. I should think these problems are common, if not enjoyed.
Thanks.

Best,
PANgaro