Re: Security Considerations for Genera 8.0

>    Have you considered locking the keyboard and mouse in a drawer?

	Actually, there are many, many Symbolics keyboards here at JPL
so locking some up won't solve the problem. The reason I am asking about
security considerations is that although Sun says "the network is the
computer" there are many Sun people who say that the User side of every
computer is the security checkpoint, not the network side. I say that if
every computer has good network security, then it doesn't matter that
Symbolics have no secure password logins.
	If I really want to integrate the Symbolics we have here on a
network with Suns, I am required to show that there is such a thing as a
secure Symbolics console.

					-David Mittman