Color support in Lisp, is CLIM going to improve this???

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 89 18:46 PST
From: Eric Buckman <BUCKMAN@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Color support in Lisp, is CLIM going to improve this???
To: slug@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM

This is a question to anyone that knows what's going on with CLIM.  As we know,
Genera does not really support colors very well.  (For instance, character
styles do not support a Color attribute, and to my knowledge, window's do not
let you specify a background color, we can't specify window border colors, we
can't specify the color for the "label" of a display pane.......etc, and to
boot, my word processing application that runs on my 8086 based PC DOES run in
color in its characters as well as its graphics.)

I anticipate more and more Lisp applications being run in color computer
environments (the UX400 running on a color Sun, a color MacIvory, and even
Symbolics color-only systems), I anticipate the need for writing Colorized
applications growing fast and soon.

Has CLIM tackled this issue???, will it be easy to add color features to my
applications if they are written in CLIM?

Thanks for the info (and discussion of opposing views.)

eric (buckman@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com).