How do we let multiple sites/namespaces hooked on the same chaosnet KNOW about each other???

    Date: Tue, 28 Nov 89 17:51:11 CST
    From: "BUCKMAN%ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM %ALAN.kahuna.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM"@warbucks.ai.sri.com

    I just got a call back from Steve Saeedi (Symbolics Software Phone Support), and
    these are the instructions he gave me for letting two Namespaces and sites Know
    about each other.  (Of course I couldn't find any real documenatation on the
    matter.)

We run with two sites that know about each other on our corporate Ethernet.
This was not easy, and took many months of on again, off again work to get it
right.  Essentially, these are the steps I took to get some things going.

1)  Make sure both sites have *identical* GLOBAL-NETWORK-NAME fields for both
    Chaos and Internet (if you use IP-TCP).  If you don't do this, they
    think they are talking on different networks and won't talk at all.

2)  Make each Namespace server be a secondary server of the other site.

3)  Boot a distribution world.  Run (neti:find-site :other-site).  Do
    Set Site my-site.  Save the world.

I have detailed instructions from Shirley Kao, formerly of Symbolics
software support, that I will try to dig up and send to you.

One of the problems is that you have to bring both sites up in parallel
so that they each know the right things when the worlds get saved.  I built
alot of worlds before I got things right.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions.

-tom