DRAFT Agenda for SLUG/SMBX Meeting of 15 December

    Date: Tue, 19 Dec 89 12:11:52 -0600
    From: Kenneth Forbus <forbus@cs.uiuc.edu>

       In what way have they "failed to protect our investment"?  That phrase is
       usually used when referring to computers that cannot run the latest
       software (for instance, the original Macintosh is pretty obsolete, since it
       doesn't have enough memory for most current applications).  L-machines are
       still perfectly usable, and run all the current Lispm software, except
       for those that make direct use of the VMEbus or the embedding host
       interface.

    Unfortunately, this is not true.  If your machines are old enough, you
    need HARDWARE UPGRADES to run even 7.2.

I've never heard of this.  We have some really old 3600's (our oldest is
serial# 182, and they started numbering customer machines at 100), and
didn't have to get any upgrade to run 7.2.

                                                barmar