Digested SLUG anyone?

Over the past several months the traffic on slug has grown to its
present, nearly gridlocked volume.  It would seem appropriate, if not
pressing, that it should be maintained as a digest from now on.  I was
wondering if others feel the same way (?).  But (more importantly) I
was wondering if there is anyone who would volunteer to do the
thankless task of administrative maintenance to effect the change?
I'm well aware that by bringing up the question I'm vulnerable to
everyone telling me *I* should do it (because they don't want to).
But, of course, I don't want to do it either (which is why I'm
asking--I hope people don't feel I'm unqualified to ask just because
I don't want the job).
-Kurt Godden
 godden@gmr.com