Cleaning up a symbolics

I have inherited several symbolics machines which have been
less than ideally managed over the years. There are many bogus
(though apparently harmless) entries in the namespace as well
as pointless .system entries in >sys>site. Is there any handy
way to clean out this sort of nonsense? Are there other places
to look for junk that needs to be cleaned out? I am a little
reluctant to adopt a tabula rasa (clean slate) approach, but
I suppose that's always the alternative, at least as far as the
local LMFS goes, but a little too much as far as the namespace goes.
Strip